When I thought I did everything I needed to prepare for the baby boy to arrive, I visited this Korean website and realized I missed a minor detail. We all know Asian moms are very SERIOUS when it comes to education and will go to extreme measures if necessary. When I saw this book called 초점책(Focus Book) I was like, "no...way..." The book is for babies 0-3 months old, designed to strengthen the visual focus for infants. Since newborns can't see color, the entire book is black and white. The book contains shapes and patterns to help infants focus and strengthen the development of their vision. I first thought this was a little too crazy. But to my surprise, I found out a lot of moms made the books themselves instead of buying it. I was like, "...ummm... okay, why not?!"
I bought 4 black and 6 white felt sheets from Michaels for 29 cents each. I searched patterns and shapes used in these type of books and printed them to use as a guide. I cut out these felt shapes, used a glue gun to stick them on to a sheet of felt and sewed these pages together to make a book. Ta-da!! I stayed up till 1:30 in the morning finishing it. It was pretty addicting. I hope my baby enjoys his little book that mommy made.
No comments:
Post a Comment