We are slowly starting to pack again. We stopped packing when SJ got sick and it's time to get started again. We need to stop worrying and whining and move our butt! It's unbelievable how much stuff has accumulated from this one little-body-baby. I've been living in the U.S for 8-9 years now and I moved every single year; I am pretty much the packing queen now. While packing at the same time we are busy looking for houses up in Toronto. It helps that my husband knows a bit about where to live unlike when we were looking for a place in DC. I can't believe we are leaving DC so soon. We have grown to love this city so much more than we thought we would. Especially for my husband, he came here with just one purpose; to serve. When he heard about the struggles in the inner city schools and neighborhoods, the teacher shortage, 11% literacy rate and of all the homeless kids, he felt the need to answer the call and move to Washington DC. I remember for the first few months he would come home with a broken heart. As tough as it was, it would be tougher for him to say goodbye to the kids, parents and community. For me, I would never forget this city. It was the city where I was pregnant and had my first baby, where we grew as a family tremendously. For baby SJ, this is the city where he was born. DC will always be in our hearts.

2 comments:
승진이 내가 사준 신발 물고 있는고얌?ㅎㅎ
this was a beautiful post. i never thought about how there are important things that happen in all the places you live - even for a short while. made me think. thanks for sharing. and all the best to you guys. :)
Post a Comment