Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Long weekend means another road trip for the Parks!

Time is ticking. We don't have too much time left before we leave DC. We are very anxious to visit many places. Eus and I loved going on road trips when we lived out West. We still talk about every trip we took. It was worth skipping those school days to make amazing memories together. We also want to create new memories in the East. I know once we move to Canada it'll be harder to take road trips in the States. So, we started our East Coast tour starting with Philadelphia! My sister-in-law lives in Philly so it was perfect to spend time with family too. (Though we had been there several times, we made this recent trip the official road trip excursion)
Our first stop was Baltimore, Maryland before we got to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Baltimore was pretty interesting. I have never seen a city with this much street art. It was everywhere. And this was one of my favorites. Isn't it cool? 


After cruising thorough the city we went to this amazing Italian market that sold the best sandwich. Everything was made in their shop; from the bread to the sauce and even aging their own cheese to curing their own meat, it was all done in this one place. We'll definitely be going back there.





In Philly, the first meal I grabbed was a Philly Cheesesteak! Of course. What else would you get in Philly? The first bite, I just fell in love. I will miss it so much!



 And we were off to these little cute stores. They were side-by-side to each other. The story goes that this was the very first candy store in America and the other was the first ice cream store in America. The candy and ice cream both tasted amazing! We got salted milk caramel and dark chocolate; delishhhhhhhh. As for ice cream, I had blueberry, it was the bomb!





 I noticed that every city I visited had their own characteristic. Baltimore and Philly definitely had their own distinct character. 

No comments: