We had an amazing Easter weekend!
My in-laws came all the way from Toronto to see baby SJ for the Easter weekend. They used to come to Washington DC to visit the temple 25 years ago because it was the only temple in the East Coast. This was my father-in-law's first time meeting his first grandson in real life, so I decided to surprise him by showing up at the airport with SJ. When I got out of the car, he was so surprised, he could not stop smiling. We drop their luggage and went to the temple. It was a perfect day to go to the temple to say thanks to Heavenly Father for all the blessings, especially baby SJ. For my parents-in-law, they wanted to say thanks to all these many decades. Before I left the house to go to the temple, I didn't forget to grab a set of pictures I found of my husband when he was a baby with his parents at the Washington DC Temple 24 years ago. I thought it would be great if we took the same picture in the exact spot with baby SJ. When we got to the temple, we could not find the exact same spot since, they changed up a few things and expanded the parking lot, but it was close enough!
It was so nice to visit the temple... except baby SJ decided to do the biggest poo-poo. It was leaking everywhere and I could not wait for the mother's room to become available and decided to change him in the stroller. Good thing I brought extra clothes. You NEVER know what to expect with this little guy.
On Sunday, my sister-in-laws family joined us and brought a feast! We all enjoyed Easter lunch and went to church for baby SJ's baby blessing. Easter is already a very special day but it just got a little more significant for our little family.
I am grateful for the fine example Jesus Christ laid for me and everyone. For Him to make the biggest sacrifice of all, to fulfill the Atonement and became our literal Savior and advocate between Heaven and Earth is something I truly believe and am most grateful for. The happiness that fills my heart with all the little blessings in my life, especially my little family, is something I know is the root of our Savior's pure love. I am grateful that we can feel such happiness and know that it is the Light of Christ.





No comments:
Post a Comment