Saturday, June 2, 2012

Florida trip [Day 1]

So.. here it is.
When my sister-in-law invited us to Orlando, Florida we were so excited. We love family gatherings and on top of that, it's in Orlando where magic happens! As excited as we were, we wondered if SJ could handle flying? Even though the non-stop flight to Orlando is only 2 hours I was still pretty nervous about it. I asked SJ's pediatrician and a few of my friends who traveled with their infant baby. In the end, I had to decide myself whether we should go or not. I prayed about it many many times (I mean even the night before I wasn't too sure about it) and I felt like we could go. I packed everything little thing SJ might need along with our stuff.


We were only there for 6 days and look how much we packed. It is NOT easy traveling with a baby...
But I was so so happy to go to Orlando


We grabbed a cab and headed to the airport not knowing what was gonna happen next.


It was a total NIGHTMARE! When we went to print our boarding pass, we found out that our seats were given to someone else just 2 minutes prior. We were told that the next available flight would be 5 in the morning the following day. We were given the option to go on stand by for the next few flights. We were very sad and upset at the same time. With no other choice, we decided to go on standby. WE waited for a few hours for the first standby flight and.... no seats. By that time I had to feed SJ and since it was very uncomfortable feeding him in public, milk got all over his shirt and ended up soaking his entire shirt. He was so cranky and did not stop crying. I tried my best to make him feel better and the little toy that played music saved me.



 And guess who Cinnabon Orea shake saved? (My hubby)



We were allllllll soooooooooooo cranky!!!!
After waiting over 6 hours at the airport, the second flight on standby was completely checked in. A team of students from the continent of Africa had 115 students and coaches/teachers/sponsors (who knows how many that was) had all arrived and waiting to go to Disney World. We had our fingers crossed the entire time.


It seemed like it was not going to happen. I thought to myself, "maybe it's not meant to be, maybe we're not suppose to go to Orlando." We called everybody and told them we wouldn't be able to make it. We were about to leave to go home when the flight attendant came rushing out to let us know there were three empty seats! Oh My Gosh!!!
We were finally in the airplane leaving DC to Orlando


When we got to Orlando we surprised the family. They were so excited that we made it safely.
What a night!

No comments: